Tuesday, August 4, 2015

28 Days Later...

Woke up early to the threat of drizzle, but shared a hot breakfast with Drag'n Fly and her hiking partner Barb. There may be done things I would pack differently if I did a long hike again, but I would not be a happy camper without that cup of coffee.

In the night, another hiker had joined our spot. His name is Tiger, and he's heading south and climbing the 10 highest peaks in the Cascades while he does it!

The trees opened up just long enough for me to get a few peeks at this gorgeous thing. 


Pretty excited by this piece of trail magic bestowed on me by a guy trying to train his 11 week old puppy.



Fresh fruit is amazing stuff. Yes, that's Nutella in the background. It is also amazing stuff. 

I was a little too excited about my citrus gift and promptly ruined half of it. 



The PCT meets up with Barlow Road, the first road built over the Cascades. I had read about this in a book about the trail, but didn't realize it was still an area you could explore. Adding this to my list of a thousand places I need to get to in Oregon! 


Short hike of only about 12 miles today. Leaves me just a few to get to Timberline for breakfast with my guys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment