Thursday, August 6, 2015

One more sleep

Tomorrow night I'll be home. In a bed with a mattress, Netflix, and a coffee pot. And snuggles from the boys I love. Today is my last chance to hike 20 miles in a day, so let's get on with it. 

There is an opportunity to depart the PCT for 2 miles to check out Ramona Falls, so I did. 


Worth it. 

The trees opened up for great views of Mt Hood.


And Lost Lake. 


And looking north, Ranier. 


What I'll miss most are the sweeping views of the valleys. I hardly ever have company while I'm hiking, so it feels like these are unfolding just for me. 


Met Penny Lane, badass northbound solo thru hiker from Seattle, and Diatom, moving quickly but memorizing the mile numbers for all his stories. Stealthfire, heading south, super brave. Thanks for being welcoming and awesome! This wasn't the best campsite for my last night, but chatting with you all made it much nicer! 

Oh, found out I'm not 'just' a section hiker. I'm a LASHER. Long Ass Section Hiker. I wear my new title with pride!

One more day! 

3 comments:

  1. Muffin!
    Thank you for recording your adventure on your blog. "Marten" and I ("Mink")
    have enjoyed following you journey to the Bridge of the Gods! We feel so blessed to have met you on the trail in the Three Sisters Wilderness. Your personality is very uplifting! Congratulations on completing your trip! You should be very proud of your accomplishment! I know I am proud of you! Hiking such a long way alone takes a lot of guts, little lady! Amazing you are! Wishing you the best as you return to reality! Now, you can take on just about anything!!! I am so glad our paths crossed. I admire you so much for what you did this summer. Cathy Burdett, aka Mink or Slow. or Wife of No Stinkin' Map. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I hope that you don't mind, but I am using some of your photos as screen savers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have met you two as well! Meeting such amazing people on the trail was as much fun as seeing mountains and the rest of gorgeous Oregon. And of course I don't mind if you use my pictures. I'm glad they're worth using!

      Delete