Saturday, August 1, 2015

A day of rest, mostly

Woke early again today, happy to have a short day of hiking to get to Olallie Lake. And then was immediately sad when I realized I hadn't packed enough coffee for today.

The downhill trail today was not any easier than the uphill climb to the campsite last night, with my thighs still burning and trying not to let the loose rocks take me down. After another burn area, the trail went past a few lakes that were looking a bit low. 

Upper Lake 

And this scenic viewpoint. 


Maybe the trail has spoiled me. Not sure if this was worthy of the sign. 


This was the best sign of the day. Cold drinks. What I've been waiting for all day!


The kind folks at Olallie Lake have a nicely stocked store with not just cold drinks, but ice cream bars and nearly everything else a hiker could need. And a nice shady porch to enjoy your food and conversation. 

A kind camper at the lake gave us a wonderful treat! 

Trail Magic!

And my favorite dudes brought me supplies, clothes, and some not-so-healthy but just as delicious treats!



Hard to believe my next stop is Timberline! 

No comments:

Post a Comment