Monday, July 27, 2015

3 weeks and counting!

It's been great to log on when I can and see everyone's kind and encouraging words on Facebook. Thanks so much for keeping up with me! 

Today I got a bit of a do-over, as my awesome campsite was just a bit south of where I finished yesterday. The sun was out, and I headed back to the observatory to catch some mountain views! 

North and Middle Sister

Through the windows of the observatory. 

Can we talk about how much I love this patch?

Look very closely in the top quarter of the picture for a hiker for a sense of how massive this is. 

The lava fields are amazing to me. It felt like I was on the surface of a different, very inhospitable planet. But even though my feet, ankles, and a passing hiker complained, I was too awestruck to be grumpy about it. I never would have chosen to take a hike here, but I'm glad the PCT forced me through it. 


Mt Washington

Again, these burn areas with re growth coming in are so cool to me!

Mt Washington, other side. 


I hadn't intended to stop at Big Lake Youth Camp, but I heard they had free services, and I'm all about that. I had no idea how spoiled I was about to be. 


That would be a Frito taco salad with watermelon. Tomorrow morning we get waffles. A hot shower was also delightful. 


And this is the view from our PCT camping spot. It's chilly, but I hate to close my tent on this view! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful day! I'm glad you got to wake up next to a lake this morning.

    ReplyDelete