Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Mountain Motivation

It was difficult to peel myself away from Big Lake Youth Camp today. The breakfast was warm, yummy, and not oatmeal. A nice switch! The snack bar serves iced coffee, and the hiker cabin has couches. I finally left around noon before they sucked me in!


Out of Mt Washington Wilderness and heading toward Mt Jefferson. 


I haven't walked this far, but a dusty high-five to everyone that has! It's quite a milestone! (Get it? Because it's the mile number and it's made of...sorry.)


A parting shot of Sisters and Mt Washington. Hayrick Butte and Hoodoo on your right. 


Hiked along Three Fingered Jack. This bit mentally wiped me out. The trail gets very narrow, and is soft underfoot. It isn't the most difficult terrain, physically. But it sure isn't my favorite. 


I was rewarded with views of Mt Jefferson, and a glorious sunset to end the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment