Friday, July 24, 2015

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Sad start today as Neon left the trail to go back to real life. Though it was hard to say goodbye, I'm so thrilled that we were able to spend this time together. Some miles seemed to take hours, but the 2 weeks went by way too fast.


Huge thanks to Neon's trail angel (and husband) Mike, who brought me some much needed foot-patching supplies, lip stuff that doesn't taste like poison, (steer clear of Coppertone lip sunscreen. Ick.) and a special delivery of cookies! 

So Neon had been trying to find a lake to swim in our whole time together. A few looked promising, but weren't deep enough to actually swim. Naturally, now that she's gone, perfect swimming lakes abound. 

Lower Rosary Lake

You can't see him, but Bam-Bam, one of our friends from yesterday, is swimming out there. 

North Rosary Lake

It's a bit strange hiking solo after being with other people for so long. But I was never completely by myself today, as I leapfrogged with Mara and Knoll, they suggested I hit the ski shelter just off the trail. 

 #findlove

[Edit] As pointed out in the comments, this is a Love Rock. It is a movement started by a couple who tragically lost their daughters, and is meant to simply spread love wherever they are found. Learn more here: Love Drenched Life.

It was adorable, and nice to have the chance to catch up with other hikers who have passed us going north in the hiker journal. 

I wanted to push myself today, and succeeded in hitting my goal of 17 miles. I'm rewarded with Charlton Lake, where I can hear the occasional fish jump as I camp. 




2 comments:

  1. I think you found a Love Rock! It's a movement started by the family of the two girls that were hit by a car and killed last fall. It's actually really sweet - http://love-drenched-life.com/love-rocks/ or https://www.facebook.com/lovedrenched?fref=ts Made me smile that you found one! :) Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you for that! I'll add the info to the post. I have one in the house somewhere too!

      Delete