Monday, July 13, 2015

Gratitudes

The end of day 6 already? It feels like we were just dropped off this morning. 

Hardly a mile goes by that one of us doesn't notice or think of something that makes us grateful. 

Uber grateful this morning for a lady and her sweet dog that gave us a ride when we were hitching out of Fish Lake. Her first hitchhikers, our first hitch. I'm honestly not sure who was more excited. 

Yesterday I was thankful a friend loaned us a stove and pot. There is something magical about hot coffee and oatmeal in the middle of the forest. Thanks, Stephan. It sets the tone for splendid days. 

I am thankful for mesh netting. 
(Not as big as it looks!)

Yesterday we were so, very, unbelievably grateful for clean clothes! 

I am thankful for a friend that would try something "once in a lifetime" with me, and is making the miles go faster, at least in our minds! And we're both grateful for rock star families that are supporting us while we take a stroll. 

(Four Mile Lake, stereotypical PNW clouds.)

Those clouds caught us JUST as we were finishing making dinner. I am lastly thankful for our amazeballs timing with the weather so far!

Met an awesome hiker named Whoopsie, and I'll Be Back and his sister caught up with us. Our first time sharing a campsite!

No comments:

Post a Comment