Friday, July 24, 2015

Don't Move to Oregon. Seriously. It's Awful.

Though it was surreal to wake up by myself for the first time, Charlton Lake was a pretty great place to do it. 


All steamy and gorgeous at sunrise, I didn't even notice this guy hanging out when I set up camp last night!


Within the first couple miles, I was hiking through what looks like maybe a storm damaged area? Dead trees, but many of them still standing, with lots of saplings and wildflowers starting to fill in. 


The sparseness of the trees helped me get a view of Sisters, too.



So awesome. 

Many little lakes break up this section of hike. Met a thru hiker named Stone from Fredonia, NY rocking a kilt and clocking serious miles. 

Stormy Lake


Saw what I'm pretty sure was a mink or something like it near this pond. He was too quick for me!


Made it another 17 miles to Mac Lake. Picture from my tent because my feet are up for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment